18th October: A big day for the 79 migrants, who have been chosen by NGOs such as ‘l’Auberge des Migrants’ or ‘l’école Laïque des Dunes’ to go to the University of Lille’s campus
Damien Carème’s opinion is different to many people’s, but he is sticking to his guns. Even if the camp in his town is sometimes the subject of dispute, the major of Grande-Synthe wants to continue following his initiative.
The migrants are back in Calais. A growing influx despite the relentless fight put up by the police. Instructions: stop the migrants coming at any cost. The NGOs that are trying to offer them help, especially when they first arrive in town, are demoralised by police methods.
Since the opening of the ‘bubble’ last 10th November, a centre that welcomes migrants at the Porte de la Chapelle in Paris, there are no signs that the flow of migrants entering the centre is going to slow down any time soon.
For several weeks now, more and more migrants are coming back to Calais. All of them are hoping to come back to the Jungle, which is now destroyed. However, the Police is still controlling, especially at the entrance of the train station. NGOs and volunteers are also in place to receive migrants and offer them […]
Disappeared children, separated couples … For refugees, exodus is too often followed by families’ tragedy. Entire Family is torn appart. Sadly, these migrants do not have any way to get nor give news of their relatives. Some of them have their own telephones, but they do not have SIM card, no data. That’s why a […]
As the year draws to a close, there is good news for some Calais refugees. We have been following the migrants living in the Croisilles Reception and Orientation Centre (CAO) in the Pas-de-Calais region (northern France) for some weeks now. All of them have been granted asylum and will be able to stay in France […]
We have been following the refugees from the CAO (Reception and Orientation Centre) of Gélos, in the suburbs of Pau, since their evacuation from the Calais Jungle. After several months in the Pyrenees, they start forging relationships with the local community. An important place for these Muslims is the local mosque in Pau.
Mohammed, who used to be journaliste in Sudan, has just get granted asylum in France after two months in CAO. He has juste left the Jungle of Calais at the second day of eviction. He came back to this destroyed camp for Jungle News.
It might be the most warmly welcoming center in France. Since the eviction in Calais, some migrants are welcomed in Croisilles, Northern France, by numerous volunteers and certain generous population. Some have prepared a simple, joyful and happy Christmas meal.
Béziers, this middletown of Southern France is known for it’s mayor, Robert Ménard, well-known far-right French politician. He is famous for his provocative remarks about foreigners. Nevertheless, Béziers has long tradition of receiving migrants. And today, some refugees coming from Calais Jungle are also staying in Béziers.
- Group of refugee children from Calais Jungle arrive in Scotland
- ‘Desperate’ Afghan children go on hunger strike in France in bid to rejoin families in UK
- France ‘will definitely close UK border at Calais’
- Emergency Medical And Dental Care In The Demolished Jungle
- Seven hundred young migrants from Calais Jungle will be brought to the UK
- France moves Calais child migrants as row with Britain simmers
- After Calais, clearance action in Paris
- Lawyers were blocked from entering the jungle during the demolition
- ‘They’re hardly KIDS’ Corbyn blasted over speech welcoming Calais migrants to Britain
- Calais: fears grow for dozens of children amid chaotic camp shutdown
- Calais migrants: Sense of anger in new host town
- Closing Calais Camp Will Help Secure Future of Anglo-French Border Agreement-UK Minister